TPG settings for TD-W8960N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-01 12:04:11
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : TPG

Hi guys,

Basically I've had ADSL2+ with TPG for about 5 years. Was using a Dynalink RTA1025W the whole time until it started dying out with drop outs for the last week or so. Whenever I ran the TPG speedtest with it I would get between 9 – 10 Mbps.
The other day I bought the TP-Link TD-W8960N. I couldn't find any settings for it on the TPG website so I used the settings that TPG recommends for a default router.
The router connects ok, no drop-outs or anything but I'm having problems with speed inconsistency. Sometimes the TPG speedtest shows about 4.5 Mbps. Then when I test it abit later on it goes up to about 9.4 Mbps. Then it drops back down to about 5Mbps through out the day while other times it will reach full speed. Does anyone know what the best settings for this router are? I can't work out why my speeds keep going up and down through out the day.. just want it to stay above 9Mbps like my old router.

Thanks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TPG settings for TD-W8960N?
2013-06-02 15:54:40
Hi.
When you are running Speedtest to test Internet speed, the computer is using wireless or connected to TD-W8960N by an Ethernet cable?
To check Internet speed more correctly, I think you can download some files from Internet and check the download speed.
How about Internet speed when you are using cable connection?
Options
Re:TPG settings for TD-W8960N?
2013-06-02 20:37:27
I'm using wireless. Yesterday the TP-Link phone operator told me to try it with ethernet and I was getting the full speed.
We then tried some different settings but with wireless it was still half the speed. He then told me to try different
channels in the advanced settings menu. I chose channel 6 and after a day it seems to be ok.
Options
use WIFI Analyzer app in android
2013-06-19 06:25:32
Hi,
use WIFI Analyzer app in android for finding best wireless channel near by your surroundings.
File:
Screenshot_2013-06-19-07-51-55.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 3

Related Articles