M7350 won"t save wifi basic settings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-14 11:25:32
Model : M7350

Hardware Version : 3.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.9 Build 151021 Rel.1017n

ISP :

I just purchased(Thailand), and going through the wizard at the end, click finish but no response, so went to wireless -> basic setting the screen is blank. checked status show default setting.

tried with windows 7 / internet explorer, chrome, android smart phone.

I have updated firmware to latest still no help. please help?

attached pic is windows 7 screen shot displays blank. But in smart phone app shows setting, but will not save my settings.
File:
basicsetting.jpgDownload
Options
7 Reply
Re:M7350 won"t save wifi basic settings.
2016-03-25 17:18:26
Maybe sometimes the webpage is not load correctly.
You can try to refresh it and set again.

Options
2016-07-11 10:09:33
yes, I tried few times factory default, it brings me another question, are these default setting like ssid and password unique to each device? if that's case I could live with that for now.
Options
M7350 won"t save wifi basic sett
2016-07-14 18:51:48
is this product WICS is still supported by IBM, do you have the SAP Adapter kit for the product and which version it is?
Options
M7350 won"t save wifi basic settings
2016-11-09 07:23:46
Jsys1's website is doing upgrades. Does anyone know what the jumper settings are on ICSP28 adapter for Pic18f2450?
Options
M7350 won"t save wifi basic settings
2016-11-10 00:32:08
Jsys1's website is doing upgrades. Does anyone know what the jumper settings are on ICSP28 adapter for Pic18f2450?
Options
2018-07-13 00:03:12
I just encountered this recently on a M7350(UN), firmware 1.0.9 Build 151021, Rel.1017n, hardware version M7350(UN) v3.0.

I determined the cause and devised a workaround. Once you have done it, the device should work properly until you do a factory reset, in which case you will have to do it all over again.

The problem has to do with the region you are detected in not being present in the regions known to the firmware. In my case, I am in Equatorial Guinea, so the device detects my region as GQ. However, this region code is unknown to the firmware. The result is the broken page originally reported. You can see this if you open Chrome developer tools after accessing the wireless settings page:

You can work around this by intercepting the configuration loading, and setting the region to something that is recognized by the software, such as 'US'. With Chrome developer tools open on the broken wireless page. Then open settings.min.js and hit the {} button to pretty-print the code. Search for 'h = b' and set a breakpoint at the first line of code above it. On my version of the firmware, it looks like the following:

Once the breakpoint is set, refresh the page. The page should block and the line of code where you set the breakpoint should be highlighted. While blocked, enter the following two lines in the console:

b.region = "US"
b.expectRegion = "US"

Once you have done that, hit the continue button on the debugger to complete the page load. If you succeeded, you should see the wireless setting page, like so:

Simply adjust the settings and hit 'Save' to make the region permanent. Once you have done this, the wireless settings page will be fully functional.
Options
2018-07-13 00:19:32
Seems my first attempt to post a reply failed. Hopefully, this won't show up twice.

I encountered this issue myself on a M7350(UN), firmware version 1.0.9 build 151021 Rel 1017n, hardware version M7350(UN). The problem appears to have something to do with your detected region being unknown to the firmware. I see the exact same page when I go to wireless settings and the see the following error in the JavaScript console (using Chrome developer tools):

I was able to work around this by intercepting the configuration loading and setting the detected region to something the firmware knows about, such as 'US'. To do that, while still in Chrome developer tools after a failed wireless settings page load, open settings.min.js and hit the {} button to format the code. Search for 'h = b' and set a breakpoint immediately above it. On my version, it looked like the following:

Once you have done that, refresh the page. The page loading should block at the line you set the breakpoint on. While blocked, enter the following two lines in the console:

b.region = "US"
b.expectRegion = "US"

After, hit continue on the debugger to allow the page to complete loading. When successful, you should see the wireless settings:

To complete the workaround, click the 'Save' button so the region becomes permanent. After this, the wireless settings page will be fully functional.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 7

Related Articles