DHCP Address Reservation Description field not saved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-22 17:22:08
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : c9v1_un-up-ver4-0-0-P18[20150916-rel37772]

ISP : Bigpipe

Hi,

After entering description of each Address Reservation I backed up the configuration from System Tools.

When I returned to the DHCP Server section all the entered Descriptions had been removed and "---" displayed in their place.

There didn't appear to be a relevant Save button associated with the Address Reservation table, but is there something else that can be done?

Incidentally, it would be very helpful if common facilities like highlight and copy were available on the management interface pages, for providing accurate Firmware versions, copying MAC addresses from the Client List (not that it is possible to add unassigned Reservations to the table while in use... a warning would be more useful than a ban.)

Hamish.
Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP Address Reservation Description field not saved
2016-05-24 10:17:31
Model: Archer C9 ; Firmware: 4.0.0 Build 20150916 Rel 37772; ISP Cox
What has worked for me is the following:
Go to Advanced Tab - Network - DHCP Server - on Address Reservation, click on add
Fill in the MAC address with a - between each pair of digits
Fill in the IP address desired
Fill in the Description (example Roku)
Click on OK - Click on Save
Reboot
The entry you just did will be in the table with the description and have a lease time of 'Permanent'

Hope this helps you
Options
Re:DHCP Address Reservation Description field not saved
2016-05-27 10:41:48
I met the same issue on Archer C9 V1, firmware version is 4.0.0 Build 20150916 Rel 37772.
After entering the description of my iphone, the Description will change to --- right after I refresh the page.
I called TP-LINK support hotline, and the lady on the phone told me that tplink has also found this issue. And it will be solved by the next release of official firmware in June or July.
I'll wait for the release.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 2

Related Articles