Need some buying advice. N600 (EAP220)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-04 18:08:13
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I'm just worried about compatibility between the N600 (EAP220) and the rest of my network hardware.
Also, more details about the Captive Portal.

My business and home is next to each other and they share the same internet connection.
At the moment i have a TP-Link WR743ND running in my business and since my PC and NAS etc are all Gigabit capable I wanted to upgrade to a new Router, but this isn't really a router, just an access point, right? I checked its specs and found out about the Captive Portal which seemed really awesome. that is why i'm thinking of buying this and just connect it to a new gigabit switch.

I have a cable running from my WR743ND to my home and its connected (or should I say bridged?) to a nanostation loco M2.

I'm not a network genius, so I'll list my networked and wireless devices here and hopefully it will shed light on my questions below.
5 PC's connected through wifi via 150Mbps USB dongle
1 PC connected via Cat5 - gigabit capable
2 network Printers
1 x 4TB NAS Gigabit Capable

My questions are:
1) Will the nanostation and my printers/NAS/PC's work well with this Access Point?
2) Will guests who use the captive portal be able to use my printers?
3) Can the codes for the captive portal be customized or random only?
4) can the codes be altered or for example get edited for more time?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 0

Related Articles