Archer D2 not compatible with Realtek PCIe network adapter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-06 18:37:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : Archer D2

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 0.8.0 v003e.0 Build 160216 Rel.55536n

I am desperately trying to connect my HP DV6-2191sl laptop to my brand new Archer D2 modem-router. It looks like there is a severe incompatibility between my Realtek RTL8168D ethernet adapter and the modem-router. After many days spent reinstalling any possible driver (from the latest to the very old one found at the HP website), I found out that the only way to make the laptop see the network is to change the duplex speed to 10mbps FULL/HALF DUPLEX - otherwise, the adapter will say "Network cable unplugged". The very same happens on Linux.

I obviously connected my pc to my old router, and it instantly saw the network and gets at least 100mbps through auto-negotiation.

Is there anything I could do to solve this? Have I really bought just the only device not compatible with my pc?! I am still browsing through wi-fi, which works just fine, but the network speed decreased consistently.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D2 not compatible with Realtek PCIe network adapter?
2016-12-28 15:20:33
From your description,it should be a compatibility issue.
Usually device and connect to the LAN port and connect to the Internet.
I think the only choice is to use wireless network.
Options