TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects
2017-02-28 19:42:34
Hey Peter

I think you issues will be the fact that the Network adaptor doesnt start back up after sleep.

Go to your device manager and network properties, and then select the Power Management tab, and uncheck all the boxes, do them from bottom to top.
You can also get to this by going to your network adaptor settings, right click and go to properties, and then click Configure, as shown in the pic.

Options
2017-03-02 18:19:18
That is definitely not the case. The PC's network adapter does come back up, but the connecting port on the 8030P remains dead. I can plug the PC elsewhere and it'll instantly work, while even disconnecting and reconnecting onto the same port on the 8030P does not. Other devices connected to that 8030P port, once it decided to hang, won't work either. Only unplug/replug of the complete 8030P will bring it back.

This is super annoying, and definitely triggered by a PC sleep/wake sequence with the LAN port being WoL enabled.

The solution isn't on the PC end, for I can trigger it with a variety of PCs with all different LAN hardware - Realtek, Intel, VIA, Qualcomm, you name them. The problem is the ports on the 8030P becoming non-functional when an attached PC switches LAN speeds between 10, 100, and 1000 Mbit/s as it does when entering or exiting WoL state.
Options
2017-03-14 07:27:14
K finally got a reply, it's a not a debug firmware, but rather a piece of software you run whilst you are on your PC

Link is below

You can use it, save the log then email tech support with it
Maybe more data will help find the problem with these adaptors.

You need winrar to unzip, and there is a How To Use guide as well in the zip file

Oh and you need to set the Times box to a high value, I've set mine to 9999 now.
It was left at 2, and I had the ting running all day, yet the graph never changed.
This is because having the value of Times set at 2 and Period of 10s it only took 2 readings, the first when you click Periodic and the second 10 seconds later, then it stops.
Not exactly what you want it to do
But setting it to 9999 means it runs for 27 hours, until you click stop.
THEN you can save when you get a disconnect!
It doesnt really tell you this in the How To guide....

Hi,

Link: https://personal.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6f648d60656f7d6b9b
password: tplink

[HR][/HR] Best Regards!

Raymond zhang

Technical Support Engineer
Options
2017-03-17 17:35:20
Thanks for your assistance.

You realize that to trigger the issue, I'll have to put the PC trough a sleep/wake cycle? Will this piece of software be able to record this very moment? Please advise, thanks.
Options
2017-03-19 06:29:20
I very much doubt it, if the PC goes to sleep so will the software.

If you do have the same model with 3 ports, or even one with 2 ports, what you can do is add a laptop or second PC to the same plug to monitor the tones as you put your PC to sleep and wake cycles.
If you have a laptop.

And would you believe it, I'm not getting any disconnects right now to save a file during disconnection.

Also if you do run the program and it hangs during loadup, or takes a long time to load, go to the folder where you extracted the software and in the folder app/data/toneMap delete all the files.
Next time you run it should load properly, but when you next click Periodic an error will pop up about an invalid directory, just click OK and start as normal
And when you get the message Result will be covered, click Confirm, it just means the previous session will be overwritten. And if you didnt save it last time, you dont need t
Options
2017-03-20 00:26:15
Found a solution. Word of warning, I'm not responsible if anything bad happens you have been warned.
Disable IPV6. I do not know why and I'm currently investigating why that is the case. When i lose connection, i can ping to anything, including YouTube, my default gateway, google DNS etc. I had to unplug and plug back in power-line adapters for it to work. When i ran the network troubleshooter, it says that 'Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding' i thought that it maybe that the computer is using IPV6 DNS server (which my ISP do not use) instead of IPV4 DNS server. I disabled IPV6 and the issue is gone. Used 4 hours no disconnects. Usually once every 15 minutes. Surely IPV4 takes priority over IPV6. Weird I know

follow the tutorial with pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/yscaB

Hopefully that should fix it.
Please tell me if this fixed your problem.
Options
2017-03-23 08:58:27
Since I have this debug firmware I'll try that first, hopefully with it we can find a problem an TPLink can fix it.

But what I find funny is that this debug software is buggy as hell!!!!

As I said, if you run it for a long time, the next time you start it it hangs whilst it tries to load all the previous data
If you delete the data you get those errors, which you can just pass most of the time
But there are those few times when the software wont detect your TP adaptors, or even your NIC!
So you cannot select anything to start the software!

I've had to delete the folder with the software several times already and unzip a new one to continue using it!

And right now, I have tried to do this, and it still wont detect my NIC!

Like seriously!
Options
2017-04-01 08:55:05
K I've been sent an updated debug tool

If anyone else is running these tests and emailing them to TP Link support here it is

https://personal.filesanywhere.com/FS/v.aspx?v=8d6f658f5f5e76b8a6af

Options
2017-04-03 22:58:36
It'll be a while until I can do this - both the offending PC and the one useful notebook are occupied by family members studying for exams. There's no room for network experiments before that.
Options
2017-04-24 21:10:11
K so now tech support say it looks like it may be the MIMO feature causing the disconnections.

They given me a tool to disable it, so if anyone else wants to try and post their results here please do so.
Do this on each adaptor:
Click on Advanced settings, then in Mode menu check Lower PLC to VDSL Interference Mode and save.

https://personal.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6f678958656e7ca068

THIS IS NOT A FIX, this is just to see if your disconnects stop, thereby confirming MIMO is the issue.
Only use this is you feel confident in using it.
Disabling MIMO will result in slower LAN speeds
Options