Suggestion for best USB Modem for TP-Link 3G/4G Wireless N Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-22 08:34:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Toshiba Satellite 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home, 8gb memory, 1T hard drive.
My home is in Arizona bu I am currently working in a rural area of Costa Rica. Wireless internet is my only option. My only option for an ISP is the government service called ICE. That service is GSM, 3G, 1800 (not sure what 1800 indicates, frequency maybe?).

With all that said, I have a signal only in one place in my house in one bedroom against a back wall about 4 feet up the wall. Currently, I have my Samsung phone there as a Hot Spot and have the chip that the ISP provider gave me inside my phone. It works fairly well, most of the time.

I would like to have my phone back to use as a phone. So I bought a TP-Link 3G/4G Wireless N Router, Model TL-MR3420. Version 2.4. It has USB port where I can plug in a USB Modem. The kind that looks like one of those little data sticks.

Sorry if I'm being too detailed or using non-technical terms but I'm not all that technical.

I'm not positive, but I believe this is how the whole thing should work. I plug the TP-Link into the wall socket, plug the USB Modem into the TP-Link. The USB Modem picks up the wireless signal out of the air, sends it to the TP-Link which broadcasts that signal out into my house to my one (sometimes two) laptops.

As I said, I'm in a rural area and the signal is not the best. I am asking for suggestions for a good USB (data stick) Modem that will successfully pick up a wireless signal that is not very strong.

If you need any additional information, just let me know.
Thank you for your help and suggestions.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 695

Replies: 0