Archer C9 - Internet Flapping - Going orange many times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-03 00:43:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware 4.1.0 Build 20160517 Rel 35411
Archer C9
[B]Hardware Version Archer C9 V1.0
[/B]

Hi Guys,

I appreciate if you can give me some guidance as I´m tired to tweak the config trying to fix this issue.
I have been using this router from 1 year, everything was perfect but a few weeks ago the internet light start going to orange several times a day. Actions taken from my end:

1 - I upgrade the firmware to the latest version. Firmware 4.1.0 Build 20160517 Rel 35411. same issue..
2 - I have tried setting the WAN dynamic, then Static with google DNS 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4.. same issue.
3 - I asked to my ISP to open 3 ports from the ISP Modem because I have a Synology NAS, but I doubt opening the ports could cause any issue.
4 - The ISP give me their DNS so they configured specific DNS to their modem and I add the DNS to my Archer.. same issue.
5 - I removed all DNS and just set the WAN dynamic and same issue..

I disconnected the Archer and Plug in the laptop to the modem directly and the internet is perfectly fine and super stable, (right now 24 hours with 0 flaps, or drops) But as soon as I connect the Archer start flapping.

- My connection is ADLS2+ 10MB / 1MB
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Internet Flapping - Going orange many times a day
2017-03-03 22:28:40
Hello Guys!
I partially resolved the issue. I disconected the NAS from the Network and the Internet is full stable now. So looks like the Synology NAS is causing the issue.
I opened some ports with my ISP (from Modem) to get external access to the NAS using DDNS but looks like the Archer drops the connection, I dont know if due attacks or what exactly.

Anyone having a similar issue? What could be wrong with the settings or security in the NAS?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 802

Replies: 1

Related Articles