[EUROPE] RE450 unable to connect to 5GHz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[EUROPE] RE450 unable to connect to 5GHz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
RE450 unable to connect to 5GHz network
2020-12-08 03:15:28

@LGscreen 

Hi,

May I know the hardware and firmware version about RE450?

--if it is not the latest, please update the firmware to be the latest one;

If not able to detect the 5ghz of Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q2, is it able to see any other 5ghz networks

Could you please send me a screen-shot of the wireless advanced settings including channel and channel width on the 5ghz of Huawei router?

Did you set up both via Tether APP and web interface

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:[EUROPE] RE450 unable to connect to 5GHz network
2021-09-15 10:36:10

@Gasher @TP-Link 

I have a Re450 V1.0 wifi extender. It was on default firmware and I upgraded it to 1.0.0 Build 20171215 Rel. 55534(6985)  from the official website. Since the update, which was successfully upgraded, I have been experiencing a lot of instability in the wifi connection. My router has just 2.4Ghz and no 5Ghz so I have just connected it to the 2.4 one. But its very unstable and doesn't provide the necessary speed to watch youtube videos etc. I really don't know, but could you please check the firmware and provide a new updated version? Its been almost 4 years since the last update. Please help. Thanks Rahul

Options