Archer VR280 Wireless issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 19:11:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I bought an Archer VR2800 last week with an eye to improve the wireless access around the house, and add 5G.
I replaced my old netcomm router with this, and it works fine to connect to the internet and wired connections are great.
I have this wierd issue with my wireles though, where traffic just seems to stop getting to the internet.

We have multiple devices connected, several phones, iPads and laptops, and they all seem to have the issue at various times. If I turn wireless off and back on on my phone, it might work for a couple minutes then stop, or not work at all.
IPs are correct, and DNS appears correct. I've tried setting the router to 8.8.8.8 for DNS, as well as my ISPs DNS, and tried not setting it at all.
It's very strange and I'm hoping someone can provide advice. I've had to revert back to the old router in order to use wireless.

Thanks,
Alan.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR280 Wireless issues
2017-05-31 20:29:57
You can try to disable UPNP. Also, may you post the log of your router?
Options
2017-06-24 21:05:10
Hi

I've seen this behavior on mine too. Only on my mobile though (LG g4). Did you find a solution?

I've set mine up with the same SSID on both wireless channels, and I was considering separating them out to see if it resolved the issue. Haven't' tried it yet though.
Options
2017-07-31 15:33:45

PepJr wrote

I've set mine up with the same SSID on both wireless channels, and I was considering separating them out to see if it resolved the issue. Haven't' tried it yet though.

TP-Link was advising people to use separate SSID's for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz with its C3150 v1, which has the same wifi chipsets as this one as far as I know.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 3