Ethernet connectivity problems - Archer VR2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-31 16:29:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I bought the Archer VR2800 at the start of the week, set it up using the quick set up guide and everything was working ok wirelessly.

My household is made up of the following:

2 iPhones
1 MacBook Pro
1 Xbox One
1 Soundbar
1 TV

All of these connections work wirelessly. However, when I put an ethernet cable into port 1 on the router and link it to my Xbox, it start getting problems. Before on my ISP provided router it worked seemlessly.

Unfortunately, my MacBook doesnt have this port so I cant see if its doing this on any other devices, however, I know the problem isn't the cable or the Xbox as when I plugged the ISP router in again, it worked right away.

Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated. Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Ethernet connectivity problems - Archer VR2800
2017-05-31 20:31:17
Can you describe your problem more detailed?
Options
2017-06-01 15:56:23
Hi Pacoo,

Yes, sure.

So when I set up my router. I have 2 wireless networks to choose from. I have chosen the 5G connection for wireless Xbox connection and the other connection for every other device. The wireless connection is working fine but has small bits of lag which affect the swing of games and generally makes it less enjoyable. To eradicate the lag, I wish to play Xbox online wired with an Ethernet cable. Usually, with the router that TalkTalk provided me with, I can put this in when I want to play and take it out when I'm done, there aren't any problems at all. On this router, I plug the cable in and the Xbox will say there's a wired connection then it'll say not connected, then go back to saying wired connection. this process will continue. I'd say it will say wired then change to not connected about 3 times a minute. When it's stayed to wired long enough, I've run the Xbox network statistics. It shows the download speed correct at over 30mbps but 0.00mbps upload speed. Also there is packet loss of around 8%. Once I found I couldn't get round this problem by myself, I decided to plug the old router back in and wire the 2 devices in the same way and it works absolutely fine with the talktalk router.

I'm not knowledgeable with this so need some help. I saw I may need to open some ports on the router. I tried this yet. I don't know if this will be the solution though as it works wirelessly but not wired?

Thanks.
Options
2017-08-03 17:07:28
The issue should be related to the hardware connection. You's better find another wired device to test also. And try another Ethernet cable, and make sure the cable is plugged in firmly on both sides. If you tried another wired device and it have the same issue, probably the Ethernet port on the VR2800 is not working well, you may check with TP-Link tech support or the retailer to replace the product.
Options
Ethernet connectivity problems Archer VR2800
2017-08-09 10:08:35
I updated my Nexus 9 to android 6.0 and I rarely/dont get it connected to my new Bushido via Bluetooth. Its really annoying as I had to buy the new tablet especially for the new BushidoAny suggestions?
Options
2017-08-09 18:04:35

richardmlldk wrote

I updated my Nexus 9 to android 6.0 and I rarely/dont get it connected to my new Bushido via Bluetooth. Its really annoying as I had to buy the new tablet especially for the new BushidoAny suggestions?

You may contact Google or Bushido support for help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 5