Cannot get full speed from Archer D2 2.4 GHz in wireless router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-25 18:40:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am having a very weird problems.

I configure my TP-Link Archer D2 to work in the Wireless router mode.

I then connect my no router Archer D2 to my ISP modem via Ethernet

The weird part is that when I test the Internet speed. (I have 50 Megabits per second download/ 10 Megabits per second upload ISP plan)

I cannot get the full 50 Megabits per second download speed from the 2.4 GHz Channel, I only get around 15 Megabits per second download speed.

The 5 GHz and the direct Ethernet connection speed test gave me the full 50 megabits per second download speed and 10 Megabits per second uploads are fine for all the connections.

I tried resetting the router and reconfigure it, changing DHCP, restore the firmware.

Still cannot get the 2.4 GHz to go to 50 Megabits per second download.

What have I done wrong here, does there any options I missed?

Thanks for help in advance!.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Cannot get full speed from Archer D2 2.4 GHz in wireless router mode
2017-07-26 15:01:25
change the channel width to 40mhz and try different channel like 1 or 6.
also try some suggestion mentioned in this link. http://www.tp-link.co.za/faq-468.html
Options
2017-07-26 17:29:54
Hi, Thanks for the tip, But I have been trying to every single channel and every channel width and it still stuck at 15 megabits per second download speed on that 2.4 GHz channel.

This might sounded a bit weird, But I actually have 2 ISP's at my home and I test the same Archer D2 on the other ISP modem (30 megabits per second download/ 10 megabits upload) and strangely, It gave me the full speed on 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the Ethernet.

So I know it's not the channel issues, It's not the issues with the router itself, It only happens when I use the other ISP modem.

Then I try using the ISP-Provided router on the 2 modems and still the same, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the ethernet gave the full speed on speedtests.

So I don't know what is going on with my Archer D2 and why it refuses to gave me the full download speed on the one modem but works fine on the other modem.
Options
2017-07-28 18:13:37
What's the connection type on the Archer D2 when it works with two modems, dynamic IP or PPPoE? Did you do the speedtest on speedtest.net? If so, before you do a test, reboot the D2 first, and also manually change the server on the speedtest.net, then test. Sometimes I got different speed before and after the router reboots with different servers.
Options
Follow up
2017-08-01 22:03:13
Yes, I am using the dynamic IP addressing for the LAN connection but for the connecting to the modem itself i fixed the IP and yes, I use speedtest.net . And no, I have tried countless rebooting, changing every server and it still refuses ti give me 50 megabits per second download speed on one of my modem
Options
2017-08-02 10:27:49
Are the 2 ISP modems at the same place? And did you use the same device to run the test?
Options
Follow up #2
2017-08-05 18:32:40
Yes, The modems are on the same floor and I am using the same devices for the tests. I also use the same ethernet cable to link between the router and modem, i tried all the ethernet cable i have with the same results: no change in download speed on one modem but works fine on other modem.
Options
Cannot get full speed from Archer D2 2 4 GHz in wireless router mode
2017-08-08 19:28:35
What sort of problems did you run into? Did it just not work?I cannot see any reason why the BYOC Amp Selector and Stereo FX Router should not be able to switch between two input jacks on the same amp if that is what you want to do.
Options
2017-08-09 19:30:49
Is your D2 running the latest firmware?
Your case is too odd. I suppose it should be some compatible issue.
Options
Follow up #3
2017-08-18 08:33:26
Yes, I tried updating the firmware. And it still doesn't gave me the full 50 megabits download. I tried calling TP-Link once and the tech support also puzzled why my router will behave like that. I think it might bea one of the kind case.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 9