TD-W9970 with 2 PPPoE sessions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-08 16:43:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I have a BIG problem with TD-W9970 (version 1 and 2).
I configured 2 pppoe session on different UVLAN ID. The connections come up, user authenticated, IP address assigned etc.... every seems to work correctly.

When I have physical VDSL problem (line goes down) all the connections go down and comes up again when the VDSL line is restored.
If there's a problem on the uplink side of the ONU/DSLAM, so I don't have a VDSL physical down but an unreachability of upper network layer, one of two PPPoE session goes down (the one were the default gateway is set) and the second one remains up (connected state). I expected that both session went down!

I did some tests and it seems that on the second PPPoE session (the one without default gateway) doesn't sends out/use PPP LCP echo to check the PPP state.
This is a big problem because I need to reboot the TD-W9970 to let the second PPPoE works againg.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Davide
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 with 2 PPPoE sessions
2017-08-09 18:01:39
Never meet this kind application before. I'm very curious about your problem.
Who is your internet provider?
Do your isp provide you the second PPPoE session for some special service?
You may try to update the firmware to the latest one.
Options
Re:TD-W9970 with 2 PPPoE sessions
2017-08-09 18:11:00
Hello,
I work as network engineer for this carrier/isp.
The second PPP is for special services for example to extend an MPLS L3VPN to another device connetced back to the TPLINK or a special VoIP device.
I tried the lastest firmare either for version V1 e V2 but the problem is still present.

Davide
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 2