VR400 firmware bug: WPS PIN disable toggle does not persist across a reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-17 06:18:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased a TP-Link VR400 modem/router, and have noticed a bug within a few minutes of using it: The WPS PIN disable toggle does not persist across a reboot.

In the GUI, if I select the "Advanced" tab, and then select Wireless->WPS in the left hand menu, this brings up a menu with two sections titled "Router PIN" and "WPS settings". I wish to disable both permanently. If I toggle both "Router PIN" and "Enable WPS" to disable them, and then reboot, after the reboot the "Router PIN" toggle has re-enabled itself.

I wonder what other bugs are lurking...
Options
2 Reply
Re:VR400 firmware bug: WPS PIN disable toggle does not persist across a reboot
2017-08-17 17:03:56
What's your VR400's hardware version?
My VR400 V2 is fine. You may upgrade the firmware to the latest one.

If it is V1 with the latest firmware, you can send an feedback to TP-Link support at support.uk@tp-link.com.
Options
Re:VR400 firmware bug: WPS PIN disable toggle does not persist across a reboot
2017-08-18 02:39:40
I have just returned the VR400 and got a refund - the 5ghz wifi on it completely vanished. I think it was a v2 though, and it was running the latest firmware. I used the refund to buy a vr600.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 2