Strange ping spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Strange ping spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Strange ping spikes
Strange ping spikes
2017-08-17 07:47:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey, I'm new to the forums but I'm having an issue with the TP-Link VR900 router. When I'm playing PS4 my games often lag because my ping keeps jumping. The strange thing is this only really happens in the nights after 10PM mostly. This started within the last month and before that it was fine. I play through a wifi an extender which I don't think is the issue because it's been fine before. I've tried almost everything with the router setting but nothing has seemed to help. Also I really only get the lag while playing on my PS4 as my PC is fine.Please feel free to ask me more question because I'm not sure if I've included enough detail, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange ping spikes
2017-08-17 16:30:05
You may unplug the wifi extender and test the PS4 with the modem. We can't say the extender was ok in the past, so it must be ok now.
Better to test it one by one.
Besides, you can plug the PS4 to modem with a cable to test. If wired connection is fine, then the issue only happens on wifi.
You mentioned the issue only happens after 10 PM, I suspect most of your neighbors are using their routers and those routers cause interference to the modem.

By the way, how do you tell the ping keeps jumping, by pings the router's Lan IP or WAN IP?
Options
Re:Strange ping spikes
2017-08-18 08:01:34
Hey I can't test with my PS4 right now so I'll have to let you know how it goes tomorrow. Also, I can tell the ping keeps jumping because the game I play mostly, black ops 3 had a connection meter which shows spikes in my ping when ever I experience lag.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1127

Replies: 2