Archer D5 AC1200 freezing problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-25 00:45:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I bought this router in December 2015. For maybe two months, everything was fine. One day, I noticed the loss of the connection (the yellow triangle appeared on my wifi icon) and after one second it disconnected. Reconnection was impossible, all my devices was unable to do that. The solution to this problem was turning off/on the WiFi button on the router. The newest firmware is installed, but it keep freezing occasionally, from one to two times a week.

I tested near every combination of wireless settings thinking that it might be an interference problem. I have already checked different modes, channels, regions, authentication types and encryptions. I also decreased the MTU size and changed DNS servers. The system log never says anything about errors.

One day, when disconnetion happened, I decided to check if the LAN still works while the router is freezed. To my surprise it did and it caused the WiFi to unfreeze (devices that lost connection - reconnected). Does anyone know why is this happening? Is it firmware or hardware reason? Maybe overheating? Thanks in advance for any help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D5 AC1200 freezing problem
2017-08-25 15:15:55
both 2.4Ghz and 5ghz wireless network disconnect? were both wifi leds stay on or flashing? do you have any laptops that are using killer wireless card? I've heard some cases about that killer wireless adapter will crash the router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1

Related Articles