How to update Deco M9 plus from firmware 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel. 42025

Used Products:

I was invited by @TP-Link  to share my story about firmware 1.2.12 on Deco M9 plus.

Every time I checked via Deco APP>Update Deco, it said “firmware up to date”, apparently it isn’t since I can’t change the security type of my M9 and I see there are new software, not just one, a few of them newer than me. So I decided to ask for help.

Guess I am right and I was provided the following instruction to update my Deco.

Currently, the latest firmware for Deco M9 plus V2/2.2/2.6/2.8 is Deco M9Plus(US)_1.5.6_211018 that could be download from here.

My Hardware on the label is V2.8 and I was told I could use V2 per link:Frequently Asked Questions on Deco Firmware Update

Since 1.2.11 did not have web interface, I need to install the firmware upgrade tool(Deco M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool) to update to 1.5.6 and the step-to-step instruction to update the firmware:How to Update the Firmware of Deco

I do hope my story mattersangel.

Thanks.

Comment

I don't think I understand. I would have to upgrade the device itself or I just have to download a newer app version?

I just want to know if there is a way not have to establish a new network on the app every time the internet service is disrupted. The wifi frequently goes out in this neighborhood and when it does I have to set up a new network on the app every time. It's like the old one deletes itself when the wifi is down. How do I get around having to set up a new network each time?

Hi, the upgrade utility only helps to update your Deco M9 plus from a lower 1.2.12 to the latest version so basically it is not a management APP and you still need to use Deco APP to manage Deco. And when the internet service went out, Deco would be offline from the cloud server and the remote control via APP is unavailable so you might need to make sure the smartphone is still connected to Deco's Wi-Fi in order to find and control Deco locally.

There are two related errors for this issue and maybe you could help me figure out which one is quite similar to your case:

We couldn't find Deco. Something wrong with the Cloud service

Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi/ Let's begin on the Deco APP

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions