TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V4 router keeps freezing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-21 21:18:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My newly purchased WiFi router - WiFi router TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V4 - keeps freezing, and when this happens, my PCs' as well as all other devices cannot work/have any Internet access. My kind of Internet access is via LAN cable, with use of PPPoE connection.
Other specs of router - firmware version: 3.16.9, Build 20160607.
Usually this freeze happens every evening, after the router has worked fine for a while. (I turn off the router each night for most part, then turn it back on in the morning on the next day.)
When the router freezes, I have to turn it off, wait 15-20 seconds, then turn it back on, but sometimes for my PC to have Internet access, I may need to restart the PC too.

The router also loses the PPPoE connection sometimes when the freeze happens, and I sometimes need to go into admin panel to tell router to re-connect to the PPPoE.
When the freeze happens, I am also unable to even login to router's admin panel, so it seems to be completely frozen. Ping from PC to router also fails.

I am using 2 Windows 10 PCs with Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS on both. Several Android devices - 2 phones, 1 Samsung tablet, plus 2 iOS devices also - 1 iPhone 4s, and 1 iPod touch 6th gen.
Is this freeze a known issue? Is there any workaround or fix known?
Do you plan to release any firmware updates for this v4 router any time soon in 2017?
You support site for v4 model/generation shows no firmware downloads at all.
Is there any special custom or pre-release firmware you can send me?
And/or are there any settings in router admin panel you think I should check/change/etc?
Let me know if any extra info is necessary!
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V4 router keeps freezing
2017-09-22 15:47:16
From the description it seems the router died when it drops connection. Did you try reset the router to factory default?
If you have tried that and still same issue, it's better to get replacement from the shop since it is newly purchased.
Options
2017-09-22 16:57:52

Enson Loo wrote

From the description it seems the router died when it drops connection. Did you try reset the router to factory default?
If you have tried that and still same issue, it's better to get replacement from the shop since it is newly purchased.

i agree with you!
Options
2017-09-28 23:20:23
Got a replacement yesterday!
No change - router died today late afternoon in exactly the same way. Either something is very wrong with this model OR my Windows OS.
But my ISP says the router is completely frozen, so I do not think OS can cause such a freeze.
My ISP sysadmin has over 15 years of experience with this, so I think router kind/firmware has faults.

Any ideas if I can or should flash the router with some custom firmware? Such as Gargoyle, OpenWrt/etc?
Options
2017-10-03 21:38:54
Hi,
I have the same problem with a D7.
I have 2 pc. One connected to D7 that is connected to ADSL Router and one connected with 2 network card to ADSL Router and to D7.
Often PC stop to go on internet but local networl go fine. PC 2 that navigate by directly by ADSL Router continue to navigate....
All PC and device connected to Internet by D7 don't navigate.
So Is D7 that work for local network but not to internet.

What you suggest
Options
2017-10-17 00:36:17
This version is not good. In total, the program is often overloaded. You are not going to have a software update. If it is important for you to sell alone and no software upgrade further. Published Date: 2016-06-07 No update has been updated yet. TL-WR1043ND (EU) _V4_160607
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6370

Replies: 5

Related Articles