Archer C7, System Error? System LED constantly on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-08 23:57:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have recently purchased a second-hand Archer C7 (US) V3.0 from someone online. It was supposedly stated as "new and unused".

However, I am unable to access the configuration page (192.168.0.1) of the router. When I turn it on, only 3 LED lights turn on:
[*]Power
[*]System, the snowflake-looking one
[*]Wifi 5GHz, 4th from left
All of these 3 LED lights are constantly on and do not blink which is kinda abnormal. Althought the 5Ghz wifi is on, it doesn't appear on my wifi-list on my laptop.
I have tried pressing the reset button for >10s and even >20s and the reset button doesn't do anything (like it doesn't even restart or anything).

According to the user manual, if the System LED is constantly on, there is a "system error". What system error is it referring to?

There seems to be nothing much I can do now. Have I been scammed? Is there anything I can do to salvage this router if someone could point me in the right direction to the correct thread or guide perhaps that would be great because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

https://imgur.com/a/JOX9a
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1022

Replies: 0

Related Articles