VR2800 hard wire issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 hard wire issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2800 hard wire issue
VR2800 hard wire issue
2018-12-28 13:15:58

Hi Guys n Gals,

Just bought a VR2800 yesterday to replace my BTHub 5 that kept having issues and drop outs. I had my Imac running hardwired to the original BTHub and connected without any issues in connecting to the internet. I have now replaced this hub with the new VR2800 and it will only work if I connect my Mac using WIFI. As soon as I plug my network cable in to use hardwired, I am unable to connect to the internet. I know the cable I use is ok as a: it worked no problem before b: I tested all connections with a Network cable tester. I also checked that all the colours of the cable in the supplied box were the same colour and location as my original network cable and they all match exactly. Theory tells me that all is ok with the cable and I should be able to connect to the internet using a wired setup but I can't.

Am i missing something in the setup? It has to be some configuration somewhere on the router. Any hints would be appreciated as I would rather use a wired connection as the wire is there and it would be more stable. TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2800 hard wire issue
2018-12-29 08:49:15
Hey man, on your Mac computer ,did you setup static IP? Please make sure it's obtain an IP address automatically.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 1

Related Articles