5ghz signal drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5ghz signal drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:5ghz signal drops
2021-09-07 16:18:53

@jay1234 

I have the same problem with my new TP-Link 1800AX router

I tried everything, the 5GHz still drops all the time.

Why doesn't Tp-Link fix this?

Options
2021-09-08 09:05:48

@AX1800 

Are you saying the wired connection and 2.4G connection of the AX1800 is pretty stable, while the 5G is not? If that's the case, try to change the wireless mode to 802.11 a/n/ac mixed for the 5GHz band.

If the issue persists then maybe the wireless interference in your areas is substantial. Install a Wi-Fi analyzer on your laptop and search for the less crowded channel, then set it in your 5GHz band.

Some more suggestions regarding the unstable connection, check this:

Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-10 06:28:37 - last edited 2021-09-10 06:29:12

@Kevin_Z 

I moved out to a different place and It continued happening, I noticed it happened when it was heavily  used, downloads, streaming etc.., I put a temperature sensor next to it and it was pretty hot, so I bought an usb fan and put it under the router, it has been working so far, btw the router is located in an open area so there is airflow

Options
2021-09-10 07:32:44

@stratotp 

Thanks for updating on this topic.

What's the model of your router? Is it also disconnecting the 5G signal, but the wired and 2.4G are pretty stable?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-23 08:58:06

@Kevin_Z 
yes 2.4 and cable is stable, is an archer 2 c3000

Options
2021-09-24 03:37:48

@stratotp 

Have you tried my previous suggestions that replied to AX1800? You can also try to set the 5G WiFi Transmit Power to middle or low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps.

Kevin_Z wrote

@AX1800 

Are you saying the wired connection and 2.4G connection of the AX1800 is pretty stable, while the 5G is not? If that's the case, try to change the wireless mode to 802.11 a/n/ac mixed for the 5GHz band.

If the issue persists then maybe the wireless interference in your areas is substantial. Install a Wi-Fi analyzer on your laptop and search for the less crowded channel, then set it in your 5GHz band.

Some more suggestions regarding the unstable connection, check this:

Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router

Options
2022-03-07 16:29:50

This looks to be going on for quite some time I see! Anyways I have the Archer AX50 Wifi 6 Router and I'm going on a limb to say that up till the last firmware everything just always worked, particularly my 5Ghz channel. Here's what I'm running currently 

Anyways lately at random times and at least twice a week my 5Ghz channel just drops and disappears from the list of available networks, this happens on multiple devices so it's not isolated to my one PC. My 2.4Ghz channel is still available and I connect to it and if I wait a short moment the 5Ghz channel will reappear but connecting to it results with the message "You Can't Connect to This Network" FAIL. 

So today I said ok, let me go and try disabling "Multi User MiMO feature" and I also turned the transit power from High to Low. I managed to instantly reconnect to the 5Ghz which didn't surprise me because it's just like refreshing the router the same are a reboot as it turns the channel off-on momentarily. 

I'll test this out now and report back with my findings. 

Options
2022-04-29 06:01:40

@matekaneve Any resolution you found ? i am also facing the same issue with TP Link ARcher c20

Options
2022-04-29 12:44:56 - last edited 2022-04-29 12:45:12

@AruG Yes , switched to Asus router and for year plus forgot about this issues

Options
2022-04-29 18:11:45

@jay1234 Yea I've been running since I did some tweaks and in that time if I think I lost it once then maybe but it's been online since without much fuss. Thus I'll say so far so good and I did the 5GHz wifi channel to 136(DFS). 

Options
Related Articles