5Ghz Signal Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5Ghz Signal Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5Ghz Signal Dropping
5Ghz Signal Dropping
2020-06-09 15:40:01
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668

Good Morning:

I have been facing this issue for the last few days (since a firmware update I believe). 5Ghz shows up when searching for Wi-fi but no internet is available when you connect to it and it keeps on dropping as well.

2.4Ghz on the other hand works perfectly. So does wired connections. I have seen other similar posts in the community pointing to similar issues but no real solution. I have tried rebooting and all but nothing works.

Anyone has a solution? Is it a firmware issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:5Ghz Signal Dropping
2020-06-10 06:52:38

@AC_2300 

Hello, may I know which country are you from and what is the region version of the C2300 router, which can be verified on its bottom label?

After updating its firmware, did you reset the router to factory defaults and set it up from the beginning? If not yet, please give it a go first and check if it will help.

BTW, what kind of 5G devices are trying to connect to the 5G network? Kindly ensure the wireless adapter is also running the latest version.  

meanwhile, we can change the 5G wireless channel to different ones and try to find a more stable one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles