5ghz signal drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5ghz signal drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5ghz signal drops
5ghz signal drops
2019-06-06 09:34:59
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Newest

Hi I’ve just got this router I upgraded the firmware to the latest version, first problem is the bedtime mode on parental controls doesn’t always work. And the past 2 days when I wake up in the morning the 5ghz doesn’t work and I have to reboot the router to fix this.

Options
42 Reply
Re:5ghz signal drops
2019-06-09 02:28:26

Hi,

What is the current firmware and hardware version of the router?

What do you mean the bedtime mode does not always work? More details will help a lot.

Besides, when the 5ghz does not work, can you see the 5GHz wifi network or it is connected but no internet access? What about the current wifi light status ? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

jay1234 wrote

Hi I’ve just got this router I upgraded the firmware to the latest version, first problem is the bedtime mode on parental controls doesn’t always work. And the past 2 days when I wake up in the morning the 5ghz doesn’t work and I have to reboot the router to fix this.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-08-29 07:21:15 - last edited 2019-08-29 07:21:40

I have the same problem although on a VR600 model. My devices connected to the 5ghz band suddenly drops and cannot reconnect until I reboot the router. I can see the 5ghz network, but nothing connets. A reboot fixes it, but it's not a solution... I tried changing the wifi channels, turn wireless off and on again and played with all the settings, but with no luck. TP-Link should look into this and fix it! I'm pretty sure it's just a quick fix for a  softwere glitch...

Options
Re:Re:5ghz signal drops
2019-08-30 01:12:25

@matekaneve 

Is there any error message shows why you failed to connect to the 5GHz? Do all the devices have the same issue? 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

Try to use different channels and change the channel width to 40MHz.

Besides, you can hard reset it by holding the reset button/hole for 10s to give it a shot.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:5ghz signal drops
2019-08-30 06:36:26

There is no error message and all devices fail to reconnect. They start connecting, than just stop without any message. They all connect to the 2.4ghz with no problems. I tried to change the channel width, I changed to different channels, firmware is the latest up to date one. I tried to play with all the settings, nothing worked but a reboot. Once the router booted up all the devices connected to the 5ghz band immediately and they are still connected in the last 2 days. I'm just wondering when they will be dropped again... The last time it was about 3-3.5 days till they got dropped off and couldn't reconnect... 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:5ghz signal drops
2019-08-30 10:41:41

@matekaneve 

Thanks for your reply, you can take some time to verify whether it works well.

Besides, you can check under advanced-system tools page and verify whether the Archer VR600 supports auto reboot, you can use it to reboot the router regularly as a workaround to make the 5GHz work properly.

Good day. 

Options
2019-08-30 10:55:14

Thank you Kevin for your reply! Yes it does support auto reboot, however I got this modem to replace my BT (not so-)Smarthub and maintain a stable connection without any reboot. The smarthub rebooted every 14 days and it drove me crazy... Sometimes it was 14 days exactly, sometimes 14 days and 1 hour etc... Even if the internet was in use. The vr600 seems rock solid and stable to maintain the connection without any reboot, but the random 5ghz band drop is a huge let down for me. Do you have any idea why this could happen? Browsing different forums I can see it's a known issue and many of the devices, used and new ones are effected. I have the EU v2 version and the last firmware for it was released in 2017. Is there any possibility something new will come out for it? The AU version has just got a firmware update this August.

Options
2020-03-04 20:24:50

@matekaneve 

im having the same issue with my unit. 
iphone wont connect saying incorrect password. No device will connect.  
even setting the auto reboot it won't always work. 
why haven't tp link fixed this. 

I use an Archer AX6000 

Options
2020-03-05 06:05:53

@Mitch1985 

Hello, you can read this post and install the beta firmware to give it a go. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/175434 

Note: The download link is attached as best solution. 

Options
2020-04-13 11:38:42

same problem with an archer 400 , 5g is dropping frequently 

Options
2020-04-17 12:41:27

@jay1234 Same issue with me and it only appeared a few days ago!! before that everything was perfect

jay1234 wrote

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 21665

Replies: 42

Related Articles