Archer 900 not blocking clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-08 12:24:28 - last edited 2019-06-09 01:54:35
Model: Archer VR900v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.4.0.0.01

Blocking a laptop via mobile app. Laptop still has access to the internet. How is this possible

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer 900 not blocking clients
2019-06-09 01:57:03

Hi,

How did you block this laptop? Via access control or parental control? 

Below are the instructions:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1743/  access control

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1740/ parental control

You can show us the screenshots of the settings you have done to do further analysis. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer 900 not blocking clients
2019-06-09 02:28:32
I am using the mobile app. Goto the client I want to block and click block. Some reason the laptop still has access. I can use the blacklist as you suggested and that works fine but for some reason not through the app though. Other devices are blocked but are still connected to the network. The block only seems to block internet acces its not a true access block. However the laptop still gets internet access. Its my sone laptop, could he be using a VPN?? Strange!
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer 900 not blocking clients
2019-06-09 08:29:28

Hi,

Could you please show us a picture of the settings you have done on the app? Is it the Tether app? 

We can do further analysis then.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 3

Related Articles