Problems with D5 AC1200 and TalkTalk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-05 08:24:56 - last edited 2019-09-06 02:24:16

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to TalkTalk fibre broadband (fibre to cabinet) and I am currently using the provided wifi router. I would like to use my D5 AC1200 instead however I am having real nightmares to make this work ! The router does not automatically connect to the network. I am asked to provide a username and password. I have no clue what these are and talktalk helpline have not been able to assist. Following talktalk instructions about setting-up a non-talktalk router does not work either.

Could someone assist ?

Many thanks

C.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems with D5 AC1200 and TalkTalk
2019-09-06 02:23:55 - last edited 2019-09-06 02:24:16

@CH72 

How do you connect the ISP router to the internet, by ethernet cable or telephone line? 

If it is telephone line, you can plug it into the DSL port of the D5; the username and password are given by ISP to configure the router if needed. You can confirm with TalkTalk one more time.

If it is connected by ethernet cable, then plug it into the LAN4/WAN port of the Archer D5 and change the operation mode as a regular wireless router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/543/

Note: If you do not know username and password, you can choose dynamic IP as internet connection type first. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Problems with D5 AC1200 and TalkTalk
2019-09-06 11:29:52
Hi, It is connected directly to the telephone line. I have found out that it is actually not VDSL compatible. Will be using talktalk router for the timebeing whilst I figure out which third party wifi router I want. Thanks C
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1153

Replies: 2

Related Articles