Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-08 12:43:24 - last edited 2019-09-09 02:26:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20190829 Rel. 56973

After upgrade to this firmware,my deco m5 no internet, test speed using Speedtest app at hp result almost 0mbps: try to reboot deco and internet ok for few minute after that down again .Few thing been done:

1) restart deco- ok for few minute then down

2) reset and reinstall again. Same ok few minute then down again

3) change sub/slave deco to become main deco. Same as 1&2

4) changes Qos to std and of antivirus. Same result.

5) disable ipv6, same result

Pls help me to advice how to resolve this issue, just use this unit 2 weeks ago.

thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 02:33:25

@Dudi 

First, for your information, the 1.3.6 is not the official firmware, while is an internal firmware need to be tested which has released publicly for a small part of Deco users.

Back to your case, try to downgrade the firmware to 1.3.1 which is the official one.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m5/v2/#Firmware

You can use the web UI to degrade the firmware.

After that, please verify its stability. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 03:53:24
Thanks for your reply, can help to share link or tutorial on how to downgrade using web ui, sorry i’m not IT background. Thanks
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 08:11:05

@Dudi 

Hello, below is the download link of the firmware for Deco M5 V2.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m5%25283-pack%2529/v2/#Firmware

Then please connect your computer to the Deco and open a web browser, please access it with the gateway, which is 192.168.68.1 by default. 

Then you can go to settings-firmware update page to upload it.

May it help and have a good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 11:29:57

Thanks,it work well after downgraded the firmware thru web ui.Thanks again

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 15:49:19

Sorry, Just notice,i only downgrade my main deco to firmware ver 1.3.1,i have 2 sub deco which still with 1.3.6 version of firmware,so far no connection or internet issue,do i need to downgrade sub deco also?or just maintain it?pls advice, thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-09 16:01:49

@Kevin_Z how change log regarding this version? i don't receive on my networks.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-10 00:54:03

@Dudi 

Hello, glad to hear that you downgraded the firmware of the main Deco successfully.

For the 2 slave Decos, you can change them to main Deco first as the instruction below and then downgrade the firmware.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 no internet after upgrade firmware 1.3.6
2019-09-10 01:23:31

@leogz 

Hi, Leo, the 1.3.6 is not an official firmware, which has been released for a small part of the Deco users. That is why you do not receive any notifications.

Please be assured of it, you can wait a while until the official one came out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1852

Replies: 8

Related Articles