Gigbit port very slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Gigbit port very slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Gigbit port very slow
Gigbit port very slow
2019-11-08 04:28:11 - last edited 2019-11-08 04:35:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

I have ATT Fiber and I set my router so that WIfi is turned off and set to bridge mode. My m5 is in router mode. I have the main m5 connected to the ATT box and it gets a 172 ipaddress.  The rest of the network runs in default m5 settings.  Wireless seems to be working as expected. When I connect a computer directly to the 2nd port of the main m5 I get slower than expected speeds.  When I connect the computer to the ATT router and it gets a 172 address like the main m5 does my speed goes to exactly what I expect it to be.  I am using iperf3 to a webserver that is currently not used much that I have at bluehost. I get 440 Mbps when I connect to the 2nd port of the main m5.  I get over 900 Mbps when I connect to the ATT router.  I tunred off all the antivirus stuff and that has improved things and is what got it up to 440 Mbps. It was slower before that. I also tried dissconnecting all devices except the computer to see if that was it. I am the only one in the house using the internet. I have moved the cable back and fourth between the m5 2nd port and the ATT router sevearl times and it is very consistent. I'm sure putting it in AP mode will fix the problem but I would hate to have to do that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Gigbit port very slow
2019-11-08 09:09:15

@wmetraining 

We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

With computer connected to the 2nd port of the main Deco only, please test the speed and click here to check the wired negotiation speed. 

Note: Steps are the same, while you need click ethernet connection. And please show us the results.

Please run a test on the Deco app via the speed test tool and show us the screenshot. 

Try to change another ethernet cable or ethernet port on Deco M5;

Try to setup QoS as standard and remove all the high priority rules.

Besides, you can switch the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot. Instruction as below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 1

Related Articles