Deco app PPPOE service name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco app PPPOE service name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
50 Reply
Re:Deco app PPPOE service name
2021-05-21 04:01:52 - last edited 2021-05-21 04:07:28

@TP-Link How do you conveniently ignore any question regarding tentative timeline of update for M4 but answer all other questions quickly. 

It is a really sad experience and not fitting for a big brand like TP link. These are high end devices, such type of feedback and experience will definitely hamper your customer experience and sales.

Options
2021-05-21 06:14:37

@PrashantDeco 

Hi, Sorry for giving you such an impression;

We value all the feedback from customers but for the timeline of the update for Deco M4,  I did not get any update news from the engineer's team yet and might not be able to give you a proper answer due to so much uncertainty;

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-05-21 07:08:08

@TP-Link If the updates are being rolled out for other models, it's difficult to comprehend why M4 is the exception when even E4 has got it already in-spite  being priced lower. 

When Deco is  marketed as a complete home WiFi systems, users should not be required to suffer like this and keep following up. This defines speaks volumes about the customer experience. Is there any other forum to address this or get updates? I would want to know when this will be rolled out for M4 or if there is some patch that can be shared.

Options
2021-06-09 02:36:24 - last edited 2021-06-09 02:38:25

@TP-Link Is there any update on the firmware release for Deco M4 for setting the service name in case of the PPPoE connection? This is really spoiling the entire experience of the "smart" WiFi system that TPLink markets  deco to be. You guys should take this on priori

Options
2021-06-09 03:36:36

@PrashantDeco 

Hi, the 1.5.x firmware for Deco M4 is on the release process now and would be published on the official website very soon.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-17 18:15:00

@TP-Link Even after updating to new firmware this issue still exists.

Options
2021-06-19 18:09:52

@TP-Link 

Can you please let me know how to enter service name in Deco E3/E4 as there is no provision in PPPoE setup, I am from India.

Options
2021-06-19 18:12:52
Options
[Solution] Deco app PPPOE service name-Solution
2021-06-21 09:56:44 - last edited 2021-11-18 09:31:37

Hello @Praveen_Kanwar and all,

The option to allow modifying the PPPoE service name has been added on firmware 1.5.0 and above.
(Currently, Deco E4/S4/M4, Deco M5, M9 plus, Deco X20/X60, etc., are all supported.)

When you choose PPPoE as the internet connection, you will see the additional settings about PPPoE service name for example:

For some of the models which did not have firmware 1.5.0 yet, please refer to the following suggestions:
Normally, the PPPoE service name is not necessary for most Internet Providers, so you should be able to connect to the internet without it.

However, if your ISP does require this PPPoE service name, and the internet is not working without it, we will need to confirm some basic information, then we can speed up the troubleshooting:

1. Which country are you located in, and who is your ISP? 

2. What are the model number as well as the firmware version of your Deco devices?
3. When configuring the PPPoE connection on the Deco without the service name, how about the LED status on the Deco nodes?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-21 13:48:03 - last edited 2021-06-21 13:50:23

TP-Link wrote

Hello @Praveen_Kanwar and all,

As far as I know, the PPPoE service name is not necessary for most of the Internet Providers, so you should be able to connect to the internet without it.

However, if your ISP does require this PPPoE service name, and the internet is not working without it, we will need to confirm some basic information, then we can speed up the troubleshooting:

1. Which country are you located in, and who is your ISP? 

2. What is the model number of the Deco device in the network, what is the firmware version?

3. When configuring the PPPoE connection on the Deco without the service name, how about the LED status on the Deco nodes?

Thank you very much.

@TP-Link Are you mocking the customer facing a genuine problem? This entire thread is about no option to put in PPCOE service name in the deco application. People like me are asking this question because they are facing an issue. It seems irrelvant to say most ISPs dont need it. You should just give a clear answer as to which firmware update are you planning to address this in or there are no plan to address it at all. Also for the n-th time following are my device details - Using Deco M4 in India current firmware version is 1.4.3

Options