advanced Router VPN setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-19 13:38:52 - last edited 2019-12-19 13:45:08
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP link Archer C7 router connected to Virgin media router which is in modem mode. I want to set up my VPN on the router however the VPN restricts my internet speed by about 80%. Is its possible to set up the router so that some specified devices do not use the VPN which is set up on the router? If so how?

Options
3 Reply
Re:advanced Router VPN setup
2019-12-20 03:05:28

@Westindieman 

What is the current network diagram? What kind of VPN you have setup on the Archer C7? 

With the devices connected to the normal network, does the speed get affected? 

WIth VPN server disabled, what is the speed you can get with the same client?

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-21 00:11:17

@Kevin_Z 

The Virgin Media router is in router mode connecting to the Archer by ethernet.

I have computers etc connected by ethernet or wireless the to Archer. The normal network speed with no VPN is say 110mbps. When I connected using FastestVPN it drops to 15mbps. That maybe normal for VPN. I just want to know if I set up the VPN on the router, can I assign some devices to bypas the VPN hence use the full speed?

Thanks

Options
2020-05-13 09:22:54

@Westindieman When you connect with vpn your speed went down which means your vpn app is not performing well. First, you need to change a service and then go to make a setup on your router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 3

Related Articles