Feature Request Deco - Assign Static IP address based on MAC Address, Device Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Request Deco - Assign Static IP address based on MAC Address, Device Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 11:11:18 - last edited 2020-04-11 11:12:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Hi there

I would like the App to allow Address Reservation on an IP even if it's offline. Currently, you can only select a device that is online.

Add in the list of devices that you can select both online and offline ones.

Cheers,

Options
7 Reply
Re:Feature Request Deco - Assign Static IP address based on MAC Address, Device Offline
2020-04-15 12:33:23

@Stefou 

Why do you want to configure address reservation for an offline device? If a device displays offline, it means that it has disconnected from Deco and did not go to the internet through Deco, so the settings on Deco are invalid for the device, and there is no need to configure address reservation for the device. If the device will reconnect to the Deco network, you can configure address reservation for it after it reconnects.

Options
Re:Feature Request Deco - Assign Static IP address based on MAC Address, Device Offline
2020-04-15 15:11:23

@TP-Link_Deco 

the problem I have is with a netatmo base station that keeps disconnecting from the deco mesh. From time to time it will appear and I can pick up the MAC address during that limited time frame. In a nutshell I'm thinking that moving from one satellite to another could cause the problem of disconnection.

another use case could be a device that is offline for now or in sleep deep mode and reappears from time to time on a schedule.

the moment you have a list of MAC addresses Let's just post all of them instead. You have the list on the summary page online and offline so why not use it. It's just probably a filter on the On tag.

Options
2020-04-24 11:23:11

@Stefou 

We will keep recording the same kind of request. Then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it. 
If there are any updates, we will upload it to our official website. It is very suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-10-15 12:09:58

Just wanted to chime in on this.   I have several family members that come over from time to time and bring their phones to connect to my network.  With my home automation hub, I can utilize their ip addresses to indicate their presence in the home network and limit some access.  While their devices show up as offline, I would like to be able to add them into the network instead of trying to remember to do it when they are in the house.   They all know I am doing this, but being able to manually add the reservation is something every router I've had in the past has been able to do based on mac address.  Even just having that ability on the web portal would be sufficient.  That way you wouldn't have to change the app at all.

Options
2021-02-09 12:40:27
+1 I also want to be able to do the same. In my case, I have smart devices in the house which I want to give a static IP adres. But these devices only sporadically connect to the netwerk to keep battery consumption low. So not being able to assign a static IP address to an offline device is quite problematic for me.
Options
2021-02-12 12:54:11
Options
2021-06-16 17:15:35

@Stefou 

I also would like this feature.  It would be useful to be able to configure IOT devices without having them connected to the network yet. 

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2323

Replies: 7

Related Articles