Most efficient way to chaining extenders, multiple or same SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-20 13:51:46

Hi All,

I live in a two floor apartment. My current setup is to have a RE365 in the stairwell, and a RE300 at the top of the stairs. The coverage is mostly good throughout the residence. 

Most of the devices can can be seen throughout the residence, but the throughput will of course vary a lot depending on which one is being used.

I renamed the middle extender to a different SSID to prevent devices getting confused and hopping between the different extenders, especially mobiles. 

I'm not sure this is the optimal setup. Am I creating more interference and congestion in the wifi channel by having multiple SSIDs like this ? 

Is there a recommended strategy for chaining extenders, where multiple extenders are always visible? 

Thanks in advance! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Most efficient way to chaining extenders, multiple or same SSIDs
2020-04-22 06:58:23

@gowger As you know, with different wifi name, it will be easy to know which wifi we are connecting to.

Here is my suggestion for you.

Please connect all RE to router's wifi directly, avoid to connect one RE to another one, this will ensure the performance and stability.

where multiple extenders are always visible? 

-->Please install Tether app on your phone, and then you can see all the RE in the list and check their status. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options