TL-WR940N Stops broadcasting SSID abruptly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-29 06:34:06
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.20.1

Hello ,

I have been facing multiple problem with TL-WR940N, 

1.  The WAN connectivity keeps dropping and it needs a reboot or unplug and plugback to WAN port to fix the issue.
    • I do not face the issue with my other wifi router(belkin), it runs smooth without any interruptions.
  2. Recently , i started facing a much bigger problem, The TL-WR940N stops advertisting its SSID abruptly , when i connect via LAN Cable and check , no issues on the SSID/Broadcast settings
    • When the router is rebooted , the problem goes away for few hours.
    • I decided to ugprade the firmware to latest one, but that did not fix the problem. 

Any help/suggestions are much apprecitated.

Thank you.

Kiran

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N Stops broadcasting SSID abruptly.
2020-05-29 12:21:43

@Kiran_Huded 

Do you mean there are two routers connected to your modem or internet source or belkin is your old one which had been replaced by this TL-WR940N now?

If the WAN port sometimes shows unplugged, verify below info:

1. Ensure the cable between this TL-WR940N to your modem or internet cable is good, you may try with a new cable;

2. Ensure the port of your modem or internet source is good by connecting it to your computer directly to see if the connection is stable;

3. If the above two are verified good, try to reset the TL-WR940N to factory defaults and set it up again, which will also help verify the Wi-Fi issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 858

Replies: 1

Related Articles