No internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet connectivity
No internet connectivity
2020-06-09 10:15:54
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190821 rel. 72820(5553)

When I directly connect the ISP LAN cable to my laptop...the internet run through dialup connectivity and WAN IP is pinging without break......but when I connect the same LAN cable to my router...internet LED on router is orange and internet is not running....

I tried tk hard reset my router and reconfigure....but it failed to connect.....also I released mac add from my ISP server...but still no joy...ISP engineer is saying router is faulty as it should automatically gives its mac on server....and tplink customer support is saying router is ok... tell ISP to feed the mac manually in server....which ISP is denying as they are saying we cannot directly feed the mac in our server....

In all, I'm getting frustrated...as I've purchased this  router just 3 months back...and I believe their is some setting issue....

Can anybody help me out....

Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet connectivity
2020-06-11 08:05:53

@Manjeet.lamba 

Hello, sorry for the trouble caused by the setup.

May I know who is your ISP and is it a PPPoE dialup connection provided by your ISP? Have you ever used another router before?

Generally speaking, if you can dial up on the computer and connect to the internet without any issue, the dialup credentials should be correct then. But if you cannot connect to your ISP server when dial-up on a router, we may need to check if there is any limitation or special setting required by your ISP.

Is it possible to get another router to do a simple test? If the other wireless router can do the work while the TP-Link cannot, you may contact the retailer to ask for a replacement. However, if the other router also cannot connect to your ISP server, you may need to contact your ISP even though they insist there is no issue on them.

Good days.

Options
Re:No internet connectivity
2020-06-11 08:57:23

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your concern, I'd got my router checked remotely by tplink engineer, and they declared the router faulty and are ready to replace, but the service center don't have any stock for Archer c60. So, I'll just have to wait........

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles