Wifi connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 10:49:27 - last edited 2020-06-18 09:48:07
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 190125

So I bought the router recently and it worked fine for almost 12 hours but after that the the speed dropped to half my original speed of 100mbps on the 5GHZ band, taking the adapter off and putting it back in seemed to make it work again but now it shows wifi connected but no internet and no matter how many times i restart it doesnt work, direct ethernet connection to my pc works, but the wireless network does not. Also, the router is rated 12v 1.5a in the product description but the router came with a 9v 0.85a adapter is it ok or should i buy a 12v 1.5a adapter? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi connected but no internet-Solution
2020-06-18 07:47:03 - last edited 2020-06-18 09:48:07

@Solla-topee Hello, I'm from India, I wanted to get it replaced but unfortunately it was already over the replacement period of 10 days. I thought I could troubleshoot it myself so I waited. The wifi connected but no internet issue was resolved yesterday because it was apparently the isp that had issues and they fixed it. The random slowdown on wifi still isn't fixed though. As you asked, it says v4.2 on the box. All the lights are on but sometimes the router signal goes out and comes back again on all devices. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi connected but no internet
2020-06-18 07:31:13

@DankAlan 

Hello, may I know which country are you from and where did you buy this router? Is the model number Archer C50 V4? Can you please show me the bottom label of the router?

When the router is powered on by the 9v 0.85a adapter, are the PWR LED and other lights showing up correctly? If the lights are normal, it should be ok.

If the model number is correct and you purchased it recently, you may contact your reseller to ask for a replacement.

Options
Re:Wifi connected but no internet-Solution
2020-06-18 07:47:03 - last edited 2020-06-18 09:48:07

@Solla-topee Hello, I'm from India, I wanted to get it replaced but unfortunately it was already over the replacement period of 10 days. I thought I could troubleshoot it myself so I waited. The wifi connected but no internet issue was resolved yesterday because it was apparently the isp that had issues and they fixed it. The random slowdown on wifi still isn't fixed though. As you asked, it says v4.2 on the box. All the lights are on but sometimes the router signal goes out and comes back again on all devices. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wifi connected but no internet
2020-06-18 09:37:46

@DankAlan 

I see. It seems there is no issue with the power adapter, but the specifications on the official website may be different for different versions.

Please monitor the performance then since it is working correctly now.

Have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3074

Replies: 3

Related Articles