Unable to setup router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to setup router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to setup router
Unable to setup router
2020-06-23 00:19:47
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Background: After disabling TP-Link Cloud access by unbinding my account the router would no longer accept the original password, so I had perform a factory reset.

Synopsis: Accessing the router for the first time after a factory reset, a page is displayed with a prompt to “Please create an administrator password to manage your Archer C60.”

Any attempts at picking any password (conforming to the password rules) results in the message, “Login Failure.” with a sad smiley face.

Have turned the router on and off again several times. Very frustrated to have to lose all of my settings (which were arduous to input considering the many bugs with the interface ), furious that my router seems to have, in effect, bricked itself while I'm working from home.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to setup router
2020-06-23 01:39:35

@Nia 

Hi, sorry for any trouble caused by this router.

After unbinding the cloud account, you need to log into its web UI by the login username and password, which is different from your cloud account password.

However, we will need to reset the router to its factory if we don't remember it.

Options
2020-06-23 14:35:43

Hi @Solla-topee !

Please take the time to read the question before replying. I was using the original pre-cloud password, but that is beside the point.

The router has been reset to its factory settings. The (technical) problem I've encountered is during its first-time setup where the web UI asks me to pick a password. Despite the error message, I am not logging in. No password is set—it's asking me to set one and then failing to set it.

Options
2020-06-24 01:15:28

@Nia 

Hi, sorry for my misunderstanding.

May I have your TP-Link ID which was bind to this Archer C6? You may tell me personally by sending me a message, thanks.

BTW, did you unbind your ID on the Tether app or via the web UI? Are you still able to log in on the Tether app and see it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 3

Related Articles