Speed drops on WAN port from 500 to 90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 00:57:13 - last edited 2020-07-11 00:58:31
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

My Archer AX11000 router is behind an Experia router/modem, Lan to Wan.

Since a while I had 200/200 internet speeds with actual 200/260 even. No issues. Always working.

Yesterday I upgraded my internet subscription to 500/500 and there is where the trouble starts.

At first the speedtest is doing 480/500 and after a while it drops to 91/91 and stays there. When I connect a laptop directly to the Experia always 500/500 without trouble.

Tried changing cables, complete factory reset, downgraded firmware, altering different settings like firewall and home protection, changing from auto negotiate to fiull duplex 1000, even put the AX11000 right behind the Fiber box without the Experia.

After a lot of changes I do, for a moment (hour max) it is in the 480/500 range again and I am hoping it did the trick, but it drops again. Somehow the routersoftware or hardware is choking the speed down to 91/91.

This is not a wireless issue, this is the speed going into the AX11000, cables are fine and tried a lot of different speedtests.

Anyone an idea what I might be forgetting in the settings?

Anyone think the hardware is broken? Like ports or anything?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed drops on WAN port from 500 to 90
2020-07-27 08:38:50

@RoyalFHT 

Hello, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. May I know who is your ISP? Do you mean the speed you can get is 500/500 all the time when you connect a computer directly to the modem?

2. Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the AX11000 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results when it is stick to 91/91.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

3. Do you enable any QoS setting on the router? Kindly show me the QoS setting page on your AX11000, try to disable it then check again.

4. Please refer to the below instructions to check the negotiation speed on the AX11000:

How we can check the negotiation speed of Ethernet ports on TP-Link Wireless Router?

5. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 1

Related Articles