Iphone not working with the Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 11:29:08 - last edited 2020-07-18 13:28:24
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20191104 Rel. 69112

I got a Iphone 7 today wich i am really happy with since ive had a Samsung for years but it became very laggy to use. So what i did ofcourse right of the bed was connect the iphone to my extender but altough it displayed as connected when trying to do anything with the wifi it will just load for a very long time and then give a server error to put it in simple words it wont work on the Iphone this is very frustrating since the extender works fine on my laptop and previously mentioned Samsung mobile and if i use the normal connection between my phone and router it is as you guessed a little slow reason why i bought this extender in the first place

Ive looked at forums but i dont understand what to do if someone could help me explain what exactly i can do about it

Greetings Nino

Options
1 Reply
Re:Iphone not working with the Extender
2020-07-21 08:20:12 - last edited 2020-07-21 08:26:00

@Ninoooo 

Hello,

When your Iphone 7 connect to the wifi of RE200, what error information did you get, may I have a screenshot of this page?

Did you try to reset and reconfigure the RE200, is it still has the same issue?

Please upgrade the firmware to the latest version, here is a FAQ you can refer to upgrade it:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2487/

Please try to change a different channel and channel width of your router, then check if the iPhone can connect to the wifi of RE200.

If the iPhone 7 able to conenct to the RE200's wifi but no Internet, please check the IP address and defaault gateway of your iPhone.

Here is a link you can refer to find the IP address:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2375/

Did your other devices can work well with the RE200? If only the iPhone can't connect to the wifi of RE200, please try to contact iPhone's support to check the issue.

BTW, what is the operating system of your iPhone 7?

May it help and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1

Related Articles