TP-Link TL-WPA 7510 Kit AV1000 Gigabit Powerline AC WiFi Kit - Extender not on same powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL-WPA 7510 Kit AV1000 Gigabit Powerline AC WiFi Kit - Extender not on same powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 06:38:08
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0

Hi 

Could you please assist?

I brought a TP-Link TL-WPA 7510 Kit AV1000 Gigabit Powerline AC WiFi Kit.  We live in a double storey.  The adapter is located upstairs and the extender downstairs.  The extender is not on the same powerline as the adapter i.e  does not pick it up iin my study.  I had to place the extender at another location, but are getting issues with wi-fi signal strength in my study.  Do you have another product that could help to get improve the wi-fi signal or do I need to install an ethernet cable from my router to study?

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA 7510 Kit AV1000 Gigabit Powerline AC WiFi Kit - Extender not on same powerline
2020-07-16 07:07:26

@DGK 

Hi, for this issue, please help confirm the below information.

'The adapter is located upstairs and the extender downstairs' You only have two powerline units, right?

When the extender is at place 1, you can't see the Wi-Fi signal of the extender at all in the study, right?

Can you check the lights' status of the two units at this moment?

May I know the distance between the place 1 and the study?

Can you see the Wi-Fi signal of the extender at different places to double check?

When the extender is at place 2, you can see the Wi-Fi signal of the extender in the study but the signal is not so good, right?

Can you check how many bars of the signal when you saw it and connected?

How about the strength of the signal at different places?

Can I know when you bought the device?

When the issue happens?

Can you check if the firmware version of the powerline device to check if it is the latest one?

Look forward to your reply.

Options