Odd WiFi settings behaviour - WPA8630 extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 20:10:47
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 rel. 36564

Hi all, I've set up my WPA8630 extender to work in the garage - unifying all SSIDs and passwords with the router. But garage signal is very weak so looking at other options.

However, when I unplug/ unpower the extender, it seems no other devices in the house can now connect to the 5GHz router network - we are all getting 'unable to connect to this network' or 'password is incorrect'. Password definitely is correct.

But when I plug the WPA8630 extender back in to a socket in the house, normal service is resumed and the 5GHz is 'reactivated'. Devices are only connecting to the extender it would seem. Something is blocking access to the router 5GHz network, even when the extender is powered off.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I have tried 'forgetting the 5GHz network' in my iPhone and re-entering WiFi credentials but it makes no difference.

Totally stumped - any help appreaciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Odd WiFi settings behaviour - WPA8630 extender
2020-08-19 07:28:29

@Spater 

Hello, Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

May I know the model number of your main router?

Have you ever logged into the main router’s web interface to double check the wireless password is right?

If possible, please try to reset the TL-WPA8630P  by holding the reset button for 10s; after that , leave the 8630P as the default SSID and default password to see if it still affect the main router;

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 1

Related Articles