Network not appearing in the Connections List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 15:51:48
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello. I purchased this item the day before yesterday and had it set up via the WPS button method. It worked fine, and I followed the instructions to a T. Recently, however, I noticed that the device started to have all four of its LEDs blink eratically. I also noticed that it was making this subtle noise, not loud or anything, but it's very noticeable if you sit next to the outlet that it is plugged into. I also realized that the extended network name no longer showed up in the connection list. I've tried plugging it into other outlets, but the blinking and buzzing didn't stop. I've tried to reset it, but that hasn't seemed to work either.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network not appearing in the Connections List
2020-08-31 02:40:36

@Edel 

Good day.

After you reset the RE205, were you able to see the default Wi-Fi, like TP-Link_extender_2.4Ghz/5Ghz on the connection list?

Since normally, Pressing the WPS button would auto sync the wireless name of the main router;

If you could see the default name, please set up vie Tether APP to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

As for the buzzing noise, did it start the very day you bought?

Would it be possible that you could record a video clip of the buzzing noise?

Thank you very much.

Options