DECO M4 often loses its configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 15:08:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

I bought a set with 3 DECO M4 routers, configured the operator's router as Bridge and DECO as a router. With each power outage, the main DECO loses all configuration and I have to reconfigure it again, I have done this dozens of times. What is the problem with this type of router? This is very annoying, I gave up changing the name of the devices on the network, there are more than 30 devices and always changing all names, doing parental control, changing DNS ... THIS IS VERY CHAT. It is the worst router I have had to date, I have been in the IT field for over 20 years and I never got a router that bad, I want to know if this is NORMAL, is it really bad?

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO M4 often loses its configuration
2020-09-27 01:36:58

I bought my router less than a year ago and although it is better in this old house it is the worst connection configuration!  I am glad to hear someone that knows the industry is having the same issues.  I just thought it was new technology that I was up to date on.  Needless to say it was not money well spent and I will NOT recommend TP Link to anyone I like. 

Options
Re:DECO M4 often loses its configuration
2020-09-27 09:10:40

@Tales 

Hello, sorry for the issue caused by the Deco functionality.

By mean the Deco will restore all settings, does it mean the satellite Deco will lose the connection from the main as well? How about the LEDs on three of them? Are all settings on the Deco restored to default or only the device names?

Are you using the original power adapter? 

Who is your ISP? Will the connect on your modem restore automatically when the power is back in your house? Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 2

Related Articles