Slow speed close to more than one deco unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 08:22:11 - last edited 2020-10-03 08:24:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.7

Hi,

Just bought a set of three Deco M5. I have a two floor house with concrete plate between floors. I set up the units with main deco on first floor and two on the ground floor.

Experiencing low speed when standing in the middle of the ground floor, ie close to the two units there and also more or less in reach of the main unit on the floor above.

Someone having an idea of why this is the case?

I have a 300Mbit/s finer line in.

Close to the main unit I have ca 270Mbit/s

Close to the second unit (closest to the main unit) I have ca 150Mbi/s

Close to the third unit ca 100Mbit/s.

But standing the ground floor between the two units there, but more or less in between all three, I get ca 50Mbit/s.

Also when playing an online game on the phone, moving from the ground floor up to the first floor next to the main unit, it seems I lose connection as the game freezes. This seem less capability does seem to work well for me.

I am very unskilled when it come to networks etc.

@TP-Link_Deco 

Not sure how to tag admins from TP-link. Anyone knows?

Thanks for all and any input/guidance on this!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speed close to more than one deco unit
2020-10-13 02:29:07

@Teo74 

Hello, can I have more detailed info about your network and connection first, then we will try to figure it out?
1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these 3 Deco M5s together, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Is the main Deco working as a router or access point?
2. What is the distance between all the three Deco M5 nodes? Try to connect your computer to the 2nd Deco M5 by an ethernet cable, then run a speedtest to test the wired connection.
3. Relocate the 2nd and 3rd Deco M5s and move them closer to the main Deco, ensure there are no/fewer obstacles between them. If it doesn’t make sense, reboot all the Deco units for a try.
4. How about the wireless link speed on that computer or phone when connected to the 2nd Deco M5 and the 3rd? Please confirm it as below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
If the wireless link speed is slow, try with another wireless device and confirm again, tell me the model number of the wireless adapters.

Thanks a lot~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 1

Related Articles