Can’t setup M9 to existing router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 09:23:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all. I have just purchased M9 2 pack to replace an ASUS RT-AC68U. To connect to the internet I have configured my ASUS as an access point and turned off both wifi radios connecting internet to the WAN. I have the M9 attached to the LAN in router mode and set up and working just fine, 3 wifi bars everywhere inside and out. 

My issue is I wanted to set the ASUS as the router (no wifi) and connect the M9 in either router or AP mode but I cannot get M9 to connect to the internet. What am I doing wrong? I thought I could set it up this way. I wanted this way so I could utilise the VPN on ASUS. At the time of trying to set it all up VPN was not turned on. 

Any advice appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can’t setup M9 to existing router
2020-11-19 11:28:59

@PeterW59 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

In case that I made any mistake, could you please me check the following information:

1. The following network map: ISP—(wan port)ASUS RT-AC68U(AP mode with Wi-Fi off)  (lan)—Deco M9+, internet works;
  2. ISP--—(wan port)ASUS RT-AC68U(router mode)  (lan)---M9(no matter router or AP mode), there is no internet on the M9+?

Can you still get internet from ASUS RT-AC68U router on the second connection method?

And on the 2nd connection, what is the color of the LED light, red or green?

Have you tried  to reboot the ASUS RT-AC68U router to have a look?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 1

Related Articles