Can't connect PC (ethernet) to the Wifi Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 17:33:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hello, I have a PC connected to the Router via ethernet, but I can't find the Wifi printer that is connected to a Deco via Wifi. I reserved a static IP on the Deco, but when I find it via Epson Scan (on the pc) I can't find it. The workaround is to switch my internet connection on pc from ethernet to wifi and Epson scan will easy see the printer.

I think the problem is that the devices connected to the Deco are not seen by the router.

I switched from router to AP mode, but nothing changed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect PC (ethernet) to the Wifi Printer
2020-12-14 02:47:43

@davidecit 

Good day,

For your case, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Please help us draw a simple picture of the whole network map from the modem to the laptop and printer?

2.Even through the Deco M4 is on the access point, the PC connected via Ethernet cable was still not able to detect the printer, right

---Did the PC connect to the main router via cable Or Deco via cable?

---Are you able to ping the IP address of the printer on the computer: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-14 13:10:38
Thank you. After I switched to AP mode, I forgot to reset the connection on the printer. After that I set the static IP via Router ando not via Deco (like I previously done when it was on Router mode)
Options
2020-12-16 09:56:35

@davidecit 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

After switching the Deco to AP mode and resetting the connection on the printer and reserving the IP address on the main router as well, did the issue fixed?

Thanks a lot.

(please leave me a private message in case I did not see the reply on time.)

Options