Lost access to my NAS drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-29 18:12:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have installed my DECO M4 in server mode (not bridge).

I am not overly surprised that I lost access to my NAS drive (upnp) connected to my freebox.

Is there a way to make my dirce accessible to the DECO Wifi network ?

(other than switching the DECO to bridge mode)

Thx in advance,

Bert

Options
2 Reply
Re:Lost access to my NAS drive
2020-12-30 02:33:34

@Bert75 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

For your case, could you please help me check the following information:

1. As for the server mode, Did you mean the Deco M4 is on the wireless router mode, instead of the access point mode?

2.Could you please draw a detailed picture about the network system ,like how the NAS drive and Freebox is connected?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Lost access to my NAS drive
2020-12-30 08:56:54

@TP-Link As I said, the DECO M4s are configured as a Router, NOT as an AP.

The Freebox HDD is attached to the freebox and is/was accessible through upnp/DLNA from the freebox administered network (wired of fbx wifi).

In router mode, I had to shut down the Freebox wifi (it created some bad routing behavior) :

(A) is it absolutely necessary to shut down the box wifi with DECO in router mode ?

In router mode, the freebox TV was correctly routed to my player (I used RJ45 between the last DECO and the player).

I have not found a way to propagate the DFLNA visibility to the second network created by the mesh Wifi, but if you know how to configure the DECOs for this let me know.

This is the purpose of my question. 

I have changed the DECO mode to AP and indeed the HDD is now visible.

(B) Can I access DLNA with DECO in router mode ?

and :

(C) : when a device is attzched to a secondary DECO (Router mode) with RJ45, does it see the primary network or the secondary ?

Thx if you can answer the three questions above.

The technical document is probably okay ofr beginners but it is lacking technical details for the router features (which seem to be also a bit limited).

Maybe the App is limiting access the the advanced features, for 15+ years, I have handled routers configuration through web interfaces, several of them were TP-Link routers.
Adding an http settings server on the DECO would be welcome for advanced users.

Note that I found some bugs even after upgrading to the latest firmware (like LED management).

BR

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 2

Related Articles