Archer A7 Reboots intermittently (and whenever under heavy load)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 23:57:51
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20200721 rel.40773(5553)

Quick Detaills--my ISP is Aerioconnect; I'm using the original power supply (plugged into a surge protector).  The router will restart intermittently--sometimes it will stay on for hours without issue, and sometimes it will restart itself multiple times in an hour.  I have noticed that this correlates with high load--I have to disconnect my phone from wifi before downloading a podcast or else the router will restart, and just now I tried to upgrade the router firmware and the router restarted itself.  Please advise!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Reboots intermittently (and whenever under heavy load)
2021-01-11 00:34:18

@lmoml 

If your wireless connection is unstable do the upgrade via wired connection directly to the router.

Try to upgrade your FW to the latest. I presume you have the US version. Download the file from the link I quoted.

Then test if that will improve the wireless experience.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 1

Related Articles