Archer A7 automatically reboots itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 10:08:42
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer A7 router recently from Amazon almost 12 days back. Yesterday onwards, the router is rebooting itself automatically after every 20-25 mins. All the devices get disconnected and the LEDs get turned off, except the power LED which keeps flashing. Then the internet comes back. I checked the system log and it shows factory reset always as the reason and sometimes no logs. 

Please provide me a solution.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer A7 automatically reboots itself
2020-11-16 02:50:44

@Amal89 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue but please provide some details about the auto-reboot issue then we will try to investigate and offer a solution ASAP.

1. When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

2. May I have your network layout, how is the A7 connected to your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.

3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A7 WAN or PPPoE? 

4. How many devices are connected to A7, wired, and wirelessly? What are they? Is there any new device connected to the A7 network recently when the A7 begins to reboot? Or did you upgrade any system in the network before this issue happen, such as iOS 14?

5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A7 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? 

6. Is it the original power adapter on the A7? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

7. Ensure its firmware is up-to-date, then try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to confirm again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-16 03:12:27

@Kevin_Z The answers to your questions ate as below:

1. Yes, except the power button which jeeps flashing, then internet comes after ~3 mins

2. It is only the router, no extenders or switches.

3. Static IP through fiber optics

4. No new devices.

5. Nope

6. Power is quite stable. Original adaptor is used.

7. Firmware is up-to-date and I have resetted the router to factory defaults, configured from scratch again, but still the problem persists.

Options
2020-11-16 05:24:29

@Amal89 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-16 06:26:24

@Kevin_Z 

Same issues as the user here. Router (Archer A6 V2(US) ) restarts every five minutes now. I purchased it four weeks ago.

answers to your questions are the same as the user except that I'm on a PPPoE connection.

Options
2020-11-16 07:27:49

@Abhi86 

Hi, thanks for asking.

May I know who is your ISP? Is the power stable in your house? Ensure all the other devices in your house is stable and you are using the original power adapter on the A6.

How many devices are connected to A6, wired, and wirelessly? Try to disconnect some of them and monitor again.

Please send us a short video showing this auto-reboot issue in 5 minutes, especially the LED status on the A6, thanks.

Options
2020-11-16 08:47:51

@Kevin_Z Please find the video attached that shows the reboot.

My ISP is Sun Telecom - no outage reported from them, other users in other houses are functioning OK.

Devices on the current connection are 8 wireless devices and 0 wired - three iPhones, one iPad, one Smart TV and 3 laptops - these are not simultaneous. The load has been constant since day1.

There are no power issues in the house. I've checked the router at multiple plug points and the issue repeats. If I unplug the router for half an hour, and plug it back in, it stays on a tad longer the first time ~ 15 minutes and then reverts to rebooting every 3-5 minutes.

File:
trim.20DD23F7-2506-45FD-9D31-B369564A3712.MOVDownload
Options
2020-11-16 10:45:33

@Abhi86 

Hi, thanks for the video and detailed info, please check your email box and respond, we will continue to follow it up, good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 994

Replies: 7

Related Articles