[ARCHER C80] Unable To Connect To Internet After Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 07:23:40
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5

Please help me.

After a firmware update for my router(to the v1.5), it seems that the WAN connection is unable to be established. The only thing it says (under the network tab) is that it is disconnected, and a constant yellow/orange light for the WAN LED.

I've asked my ISP if there's anything wrong on their side, and there's none. I've also asked if by chance my connection type was wrong (PPPoE, Dynamic IP, and checked the ID and password for good measure), which was also not the case.

The modem itself seems to be working fine, as I tried plugging it into an older original modem from the ISP which works.

Tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version but didn't work(perhaps a hard lock as I tried factory resetting it multiple times but it stayed at the v1.5).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[ARCHER C80] Unable To Connect To Internet After Firmware Update
2021-01-15 11:45:40

@easytofindhim97 

When you connect the C80 to the ISP modem, will it be able to get a WAN IP address? What is it? Please show us the screenshot of the Status page on the C80. If there is a WAN IP address, please try to change the DNS Server on the internet to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the modem and the C80, check if the internet light will become green.

BTW, who is your ISP, what is the WAN connection type? Please ensure you have internet access when connecting the modem directly to the computer.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options