Hard wired Printer won’t stay connected to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 18:12:32
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having the same problem that many other Deco users are expressing in the forums: my printer will not stay connected to the Deco network longer than 1 day. I've tried both wireless and wired. The printer I'm using is a business grade Canon laser printer. 
The issues I'm experiencing are the same as this and numerous other reports: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/222124

Every old router I've ever used has been able to hold a connection to a network printer. What is the fix to correct this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Hard wired Printer won’t stay connected to network
2021-02-23 06:05:25

@Homer-56k 

Hi,

Did the Canon printer the only wired device get affected?

Have you tried to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP to have a look?

If possible, please try to reserve the IP address for the printer on the APP?

By the way, when the printer was offline, is it still able to obtain the IP address?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Hard wired Printer won’t stay connected to network
2021-02-23 07:57:03 - last edited 2021-02-23 07:57:46

@TP-Link 

responses: 

Did the Canon printer the only wired device get affected?

No, sometimes my security camera system goes offline as well. Lately it has been staying online, but occasionally it will leave the network when wired or wireless. 

Have you tried to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP to have a look?

I just disabled both of these at your recommendation. Will see what happens. 

If possible, please try to reserve the IP address for the printer on the APP?

I was going to do this today after I reconnected the printer to the network, but the app won't allow it. Although I'm able to print from my iPhone, the printer isn't showing in the deco app to reserve an IP address.

By the way, when the printer was offline, is it still able to obtain the IP address?

Are you saying to look in the printer's settings to see if it has an IP Address when showing not connected to the network? I don't understand your ask here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 2

Related Articles