Details of parental control categories

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 14:49:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought Deco M9 Plus and installed them without any problems. I'm very happy with this!

I'm trying to set up parental controls for my 7-years-old son. It's good to have pre-defined filter levels. I would choose "Child" but not sure what sites are exactly blocked in some categories like "Online Communication", "Social Networking" and "Media". How / where can I get the details of these categories?

I'm wondering this because my son is at home taking remote classes and if I block online communication, that might disable the online classes. And other categories may also block some sites that my son needs to acomplish homework etc (homework often includes links to Youtube.com). My son uses Seasaw on iPad.

I saw a thread that indicates there is no function for whitelist. So, I don't think I can add Seasaw and Youtube as allowed apps/websites. If the Child level blocks Seasaw and Youtube as well as other sites that my son needs for his school, should I choose "Pre-Teen" (and maybe add some sites to block)? How do parents set parental controls for their kids in this pandemic era?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Details of parental control categories
2021-03-05 03:40:05

@Moose-in-NC 

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I would be glad to report this feedback to the senior engineers for further assistance.

If anyone had the same request, please feel free to update here.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 413

Replies: 1

Related Articles